We think that Valentine's treats (especially ones you need in big quantities for a school gift) should be quick and simple, and perfect for your little one to help with. We found just such a treat: Valentine's Oreo Pops!
What you need
- Oreo (or similar) sandwich cookies (double stuffed is best)
- White chocolate or white candy melts
- Valentine themed sprinkles
- Popsicle sticks
How to make them
- Start by placing desired number of cookies on a cookie sheet with wax paper. Separate the tops from the bottoms of the cookies.
- Place a popsicle stick in the filling of each cookie, pressing it down into the filling.
- Melt the chocolate by preferred method in a bowl deep enough for dipping.
- Put sprinkles on a plate or in a bowl
- Place a dab of melted chocolate over each popsicle stick to help it bond to the cookie top.
- Put the cookie top back over each filling, and let it sit for a few minutes to bond.
- Dip each cookie into the remaining melted chocolate, making sure to cover each side and tap off any excess.
- Dip one side of the cookie in sprinkles and lay chocolate side down on waxed paper to cool.