With the arrival of October it really is starting to feel like fall. Time to embrace the cozy habits of warm blankets and fall spices. I love the idea of caramel apples, but they are not terribly easy to eat, are they? So when I saw this version of caramel apple cupcakes, I knew I had to share it with you! Because it uses a boxed mix, it's quick and easy to make.
What you need
- 1 box of carrot (or spice) cake mix
- 2 cups chopped, peeled tart apples
- 20 caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk (preferably 2%)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 12 wodden skewers
How to make them
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add paper cupcake liners to a 12-muffin pan
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions. Fold in chopped apples. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan, then let cool completely on wire rack.
- Add caramels and milk to small saucepan and melt over low heat while stirring constantly. Spread caramel mixture over cupcakes and sprinkle with pecans (optional). Add a wooden skewer to each cupcake.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com