Who knew painting with shaving cream was a thing? I didn't, but now that I've learned about it I can't wait to try it! Here we share with you how you can use shaving cream and paint to make pretty, marbled fall leaves with your little ones.
What you need
- Shaving cream (not gel kind)
- Acrylic paint (for fall leaves, use colours like red, orange, yellow, green and brown)
- Wooden skewer
- Disposable foil pan
- Old newspapers to keep things clean
- Card stock
- Squeegee, paper towel to remove excess paint
How to make them
- Cover your table with old newspapers.
- Squirt shaving cream into a foil pan. Pour acrylic paint in stripes over the shaving cream and use the wooden skewer to swirl the paint around.
- Cut leaf shapes out of the card stock. Maple and oak leaves are great.
- Gently place the leaf shape on top of the swirly paint. No need to push down very deep. Set the leaf aside for a minute and then gently wipe of excess shaving cream with a squeegee or paper towel. The paint will have left a beautiful marble effect on the paper.