With the cold weather we've been having lately, I thought I'd share a fun craft that will keep the little ones entertained inside. These fun paper roll snowmen can be customized based on what you have on hand, let your child get creative!
What you need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls (or paper towel rolls cut in half)
- White paint (or a white piece of paper)
- Outgrown socks or socks that are missing a partner
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Miniature pom poms (optional)
- Buttons (optional)
- Ribbons, pipe cleaners or felt strips (for the scarf)
How to make them:
- First paint your paper roll white, or glue on a piece of paper cut to the right size. Let dry.
- While the paint is drying, cut the top (elastic) part off of any outgrown socks, these work great as a hat, just tie the top off with a piece of ribbon or string.
- When the paint is dry, draw on a face, or glue on googly eyes or buttons.
- Add buttons, pom poms or draw on buttons on the front.
- Put on the sock hat, or make ear muffs by gluing a bent pipe cleaner to the sides and cover with a pom pom, and the scarf.
Picture credit: Red Ted Art