Once school starts we are catapulted into the delights of early fall, and that includes some tasty treats we wouldn't have thought of having just a month or two ago. This season absolutely meshes beautifully with apples and cinnamon. So I wanted to share this easy recipe for homemade, apple-cinnamon flavoured fruit roll-ups, free of funky ingredients!
What you need
- 4 cups assorted apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 175°F, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly grease with cooking spray
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes, or until apples are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-4 hours until dried and no longer sticky. When done, cut into strips using scissors or a knife and roll up with a strip of parchment paper.