Every holiday is a great excuse to have fun and make some tasty treats with your little ones. For Halloween this year, we wanted to share this easy recipe for Halloween candy bark which you can really customize to your own preferences. It makes a great treat to munch on at home, serve at a Halloween party or to bring to school for a Halloween treat (just be sure to keep it nut-free).
What you need
- 1lb Candy melts in your preferred colour (white, orange or milk chocolate are all great)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups mixed Halloween themed candies such as M&M's, candy corn, candy eye balls etc.
- 1 cup pretzels
- 12-14 chocolate & orange sandwich cookies (can substitute for regular chocolate/vanilla sandwich cookies)
- Halloween sprinkles
How to make it
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the candy or chocolate melts using your preferred method (stove top or microwave). Make sure to stir often to prevent burning.
- While you are overseeing the melting process, your little ones can help break cookies and pretzels into smaller pieces.
- Spread most of your cookies, pretzels and candies out on the cookie sheet. Reserve a bit of each topping. Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the mix and use a spatula to coat everything.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookies, pretzels and candies as well as sprinkles over the bark while it is still wet.
- Place your cookie sheet in the fridge until set and then using your hands or a knife, break the bark into pieces.