Whether you are looking for a fun idea for Halloween, or wanting to make a themed party extra spectacular, face painting is a great option to masks or costumes. And you don't need to be an art major to pull it off either! Here are some tips on making face paint work for you:
First, choose face paint that is not oil based which tends to smear and is harder to remove. You should always start by dabbing the sponge or brush in some water before starting to paint. With those tips in mind, here is how to make a...
- Start by using the sponge and blue paint and paint blue above the eyes and up on the forehead.
- Using a brush, paint a white seashell in the middle of the forehead, and U shaped scales on the blue areas of the forehead. Outline with black paint.
- Using a brush and black paint, paint a line on each eye lid, and a couple of lines in the corner of each eye.
- Sponge green paint over eyes, nose, cheeks and upper lip.
- Using the brush, add white fangs and horns on mouth, cheeks and brows.
- Add U shaped scales on cheeks as well as lines on either sides of nose.
- Use the brush and black paint to outline fangs, horns, scales and lines. Paint the tip of the nose and outline green area.
- Start by sponging white paint over the eyes.
- Using the sponge, add orange paint over the cheekbones, nose and in between brows.
- Use a brush to paint black tiger stripes all over the forehead and cheeks. Add a heart shape on the tip of the nose.
- Outline the white paint over eyes with the brush and black paint.
Photos from parenting.com