With Mother's Day coming up this weekend we wanted to share this yummy recipe for a tasty breakfast or brunch. You can customize these delicious French Toast roll ups in any way you please. And hopefully you can share this with someone that will make them for you so that all you have to do is enjoy! *hint, hint*
What you need:
- Fresh bread, sliced
- Filling (some suggestions: softened cream cheese, nutella, peanutbutter, fruit, berries)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 TBSP milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter (for frying)
- Rolling pin
How to make them:
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Cut the crust off the bread slices. Use the rolling pin to flatten each slice out.
- Place one or two teaspoons of filling in a row about an inch from the edge of each slice. Roll up tightly.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter to melt.
- Dip each roll up in your egg mixture until coated well. Place them seam down in the skillet. Turn while cooking until golden brown on all sides. Add more butter to pan as needed.
- As soon as you take them out of the pan, roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture until coated completely.