Dad is such an important part of the family all year, so why not celebrate him on Father’s Day with these fun barbecue brownie/cupcake treats? They are simple and I know your kids would love to help! Here is how you make them:
What you need:
- Brownie batter and cupcake liners
- Black food coloring
- White frosting
- Orange sugar
- Caramel creams
- Red, yellow, and green candy fruit slices
- Hot Tamales candies
How to make them:
- To make a batch of 12, place liners in a muffin pan, oil them, and fill them two thirds full of your favorite brownie batter, then bake according to the recipe directions. Let the brownies cool.
- In a small bowl, mix one or two drops of black food coloring with 1/4 cup white frosting. Transfer the frosting to a ziplock bag and snip a small section from the corner. Pipe grate lines onto each brownie and let them set for 20 minutes. Add embers with a sprinkle of orange sugar.
- Prepare the grill food as instructed below and press it in place atop each brownie.
Kebabs = A caramel cream and red, yellow, and green candy fruit slices, cut into small pieces + toothpick skewers
Pork chop = two thirds of a caramel cream, molded with fingers + black food coloring, applied with a toothpick
Hot dogs = Hot Tamales candies + black food coloring, applied with a toothpick
Recipe from Spoonful