- Add a few drops of food coloring to a bucket of water, fill up some bottles or squirt guns and go out and paint the snow in your back yard!
- Have an indoor (or outdoor if weather permits) picnic! Kids LOVE picnics!
- Bake something yummy or cook a warming soup or chili together.
- If the windchill isn't too bad - go tobogganing, skating, skiing or visit a playground you haven't been to in a while! Bring some hot chocolate in a thermos!
- Visit the museum! It's free and you can make it more interesting by making your visit into a scavenger hunt! The Royal Saskatchewan museum also have School’s Out programming scheduled throughout the season. Check their website for current programs!
- Have a pajama day! Stay in your jammies, play board games and relax!
- Help your child build a fort! Don't worry about the mess, it can be cleaned up later. Get right in there with them, bring a flashlight and read some stories!
- Be silly and just have fun! More than anything, our kids just want to spend time with us and have our undivided attention!
Family Day is coming up on Monday, February 17 and we are closing shop and spending the day with our families! But what to do we thought? So we compiled a list of fun activities you can do with your kids, and we've included both indoor and outdoor activities since you never know what the wind chill might bring that day!