I'm always on the look out for yummy treats that are easy to make with our little ones, as I think it's a great way to bond with and teach our children some great skills. These cute Valentine's marshmallows are easy to make, and make a perfect bring-to-school Valentine gift.
What you need:
- Marshmallows of desired size (regular or jumbo sized are recommended)
- Chocolate chips (or baker's chocolate) of desired flavour (dark, milk or a mixture)
- Wood skewers, popsicle sticks or toothpicks (Valentine themed ones are great)
- Valentine-themed sprinkles
How to make them:
- Melt your chocolate using your preferred method
- Put a toothpick or skewer in the middle of each marshmallow, careful not to go all the way. If your wood skewers are too long, you can cut them in half.
- Dip each marshmallow in the melted chocolate, covering either half or all of the marshmallow depending on how you like them.
- While still wet, dip the marshmallow in a bowl of sprinkles.
- To dry, you can either set them down on a parchment lined baking sheet (if using toothpicks) or pour some rice in a tall container and stick the marshmallows in to dry right-side-up (if using taller skewers).
- When dry, wrap in cellophane bags and tie with curly ribbon or ties to make them gift ready!