What you need:
- Plastic, snap apart Easter eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M'S Chocolate Candies (optional)
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- Chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. If you want your eggs to hide a surprise inside (M&Ms), use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M'S candies in one half of each egg (this can be skipped if you want a solid egg). If you want a chocolate dipped egg, take one of the halves and dip in the melted chocolate. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M's candies (if desired) OR dip them in melted chocolate and then in sprinkles, set them on the wax paper to cool. Best if served the same day.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.