- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) marshmallows, or 4 cupsminiature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies or white candy melts
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Insert lollipop stick into each. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
4. In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return to wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes more or until chocolate is almost set, but still soft enough to attach candy corn. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak, gently pressing candy into chocolate and cereal mixture. Press in white candies for eyes, or melt the candy melts and spritz for eyes. Let stand until firm.